[PD] Composition/Production Workshop, 4/14/13

Brad Garton garton at columbia.edu
Tue Apr 9 04:14:01 CEST 2013

Hey pd-list --

For those of you in/around NYC this weekend, this might be of interest:

----------------------------
Composition/Production
a workshop on the sound of music

The Columbia University Computer Music Center is hosting a day-long workshop
on issues arising from 'production': the impact of contemporary recording
studio and digital-signal processing tools in crafting the sonic presentation
of music.  We will be especially focussing on the use of these tools, how
they influence our musical creativity and the role recording technologies play
in shaping the work we do.  Towards that end, we have invited a group of
musicians and researchers involved in music technology to help lead a
community discussion of these issues.  All are welcome to participate in
this event.

Sunday, April 14, 2013; 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Computer Music Center, Columbia University
Prentis Hall; 632 W. 125th Street, NY

with:
Ted Coffey, UVa
Luke DuBois, NYU