[PD] Drawing a sine function dynamically in Gem

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 22:11:20 CEST 2013

On Mit, 2013-04-03 at 11:59 +0200, Cyrille Henry wrote:
> hello,
>
> you have lot's of solution to draw a sinus curve in Gem.

[...]

> you can also do like in openGL : using GEMglBegin, GEMglVextex (many
> of them thanks to an iterative loop), and GEMglEnd

I'm interested in understanding that approach. So far I was able to draw
a simple line:

[gemhead]

[GEMglBegin GL_LINES]

[GEMglVertex2d -2 -2]

[GEMglVertex2d 2 2]

[GEMglEnd]

But how are you creating an iterative loop out of this? I tried after
GEMglBegin:

[t a b a]
|    |   \
|    [20( \
|    |     \
|    [until]\
|    |       \
|    [gemlist ]
|    |          <- put the two [GEMglVertex2d] here.

[GEMglEnd]

However, this causes an error on every frame:
GL: invalid operation

What is the correct way to do this?

Roman