[PD] PdDroidParty news + new release

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Thu Apr 18 04:10:51 CEST 2013

Hello,

  * I've moved PdDroidParty development to GitHub. Fork away and feel
free to submit pull requests! http://github.com/chr15m/PdDroidParty/

  * There is a new version up online for you to download:
http://droidparty.net/

  * This version includes multitouch! Huge thanks to Kishan and Antoine
for their work on that. It's lemurtastic. I played a live set with this
new feature the other night and it was a lot of fun to get on stage with
just a $150 Shanzai Android tablet - super minimal way to rock yr Pd
patches live.

  * Antoine also contributed a huge patch with lots of really nice
stuff, bugfixes, widget colours, close-patch-confirmation,
partial-patch-view (i.e. multiple UIs on one screen) and other great
things.
https://github.com/chr15m/PdDroidParty/commit/da6a5bf97c1e96fe84873233564f5f44c88ff72f

  * Kishan has expressed an interest in further paid work on this
project and I would love it if we could send more work his way. Maybe
this is something we can "crowdfund" together? Are there features people
want to see urgently in PdDroidParty that they would be willing to pay
Kishan to code?

  * If you are generally in search of a very competitively priced and
high quality Android freelance developer, please contact Kishan directly
(CC'ed).

Have fun!

Cheers,

Chris.