[PD] pix_multiblob and tracking multiple objects

Antoine Villeret antoine.villeret at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 15:39:52 CEST 2013

morphological filters affect the shape
they mostly work on binary images
the most common are erode, dilate, close and open algorithm
with which you can make a "pepper or salt removing filter" to remove black
or white isolated pixels

concerning background subtraction, if you use a fixed background (you make
a snapshot at startup and subtract it to the video stream) you will have
defects due to light change,
some background part could be interpreted as a foreground feature
adaptive background technique use a dynamic image reference, which could be
made with a low-pass filter, this image is then subtracted to the video
stream
this makes a high-pass filter

--
do it yourself