[PD] Sensors GPIO Raspberry Pi Pd

Julian Brooks jbeezez at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 23:00:30 CEST 2013

On 23 April 2013 14:45, Martin Peach <martin.peach at sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Yes that would work too, if you can handle the soldering ;(

Don't think I can tbh - Don't like soldering at the best of times and those
teeny pins and housings almost drove us to despair.

I suppose you could modify the c code to run two sensors and send the data
> to two different port numbers, or use two different selectors for the
> message.

Don't think this is possible with the rev1 board -  I do have a rev2 so
might have to jump ship, though my super minimal image has some networking
issues - I can't get it to ssh and register on home network with fixed ip
on rev2 (must be sortable).

Another way would be to have the Pd patch request a reading from a specific
> sensor.

Can we do that if they have the same address?

I'm trying to think how this could be generalized into a useful Pd external
> but it seems very specific to a particular setup.

Yep - it is very specific,  bloody good tho'.

Julian