[PD] direct connection from pd to webrowser, low latency

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 11:24:19 CEST 2013

On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 1:31 AM, Jonathan Wilkes <jancsika at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Btw-- are you sending compressed or uncompressed audio?

Uncompressed, 16 bit ints. Compression requires analysis, introducing extra
latency. I'm not using it in practice yet, as I still have to find (or
develop) a solution for packet loss concealment.

As of now, I use a cheap work-around for wireless monitoring only: an FM
'stereo' transmitter and receiver. FM stereo does not send over two
frequency channels, therefore audio quality is suboptimal, not suitable for
regular PA situations. However it may be suitable for 'silent concert'
experiments in small venues.

Onyx, is that an idea? Most cell phones do have an FM receiver. They only
work with wired headset connected, functioning as antenna. As wired
headsets can be cheap, just offer them for sale during the event. The good
thing with FM is, it has zero latency. I got a LinexFM transmitter from
here:

http://www.linexfm.nl/

Rumors go that USA versions have higher transmission power than the ones
sold in Europe.

Katja