[PD] direct connection from pd to webrowser, low latency

onyx@onyx-ashanti.com onyxashanti at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 14:08:44 CEST 2013

>the audio side was just standard wireless hifi headphones, using lots of
>headphones but only two of the transmitters. The interesting part
technically
>was the bike powered generators, but the 2 channel headphones dance floor
and
>double DJ thing was lots of fun.

ah, nice.  very clever!  would love to check that out!

I may be making a bit of headway in looking at rtmp and hls streaming media
servers like mist server and the rtmp module for nginx webserver.  it
accepts a raw connection to its input ports.

my question now becomes, which of the signal capable network objects can
work without an associated in~ object?  i have been toying with netsend~,
udpsend~ mp3streamout~ streamout~ and mp3cast~, which works with the
icecast server, but the others return errors so far.  i have the greatest
confidence in getting the netsend~ to eventually work, but does anyone have
any experience with the others in regards to sending their outputs to
non-pd or max based inputs like network ports set up to recieve other data?

Onyx

--
www.onyx-ashanti.com