[PD] Sensors GPIO Raspberry Pi Pd

Julian Brooks jbeezez at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 23:44:49 CEST 2013

Hi Martin / all,

Possibly overly-nerdy question here:

I'm buying the various bits and pieces we require for the multiplexer and
I'm noticing quite a difference in pricing options for the pull-up
resistors.
There's this one:
http://uk.farnell.com/welwyn/rc55-10k-0-1/resistor-10k-250mw-0-1/dp/9499938
which is 86p each.
Or there's something like this:
http://uk.farnell.com/multicomp/mcf-0-25w-10k/resistor-10k-250mw-5/dp/9339060
which is 2p each.

The former's spec sheet talks about its very low noise ratio and thinking
on from reading the sensors spec sheet it's also pushed there to use
low-noise components.

Do you think it actually makes any difference?  I have to buy a minimum 50
of the cheap ones so buying a couple of the dearer ones doesn't actually
make much of a difference.

It got me thinking as you mentioned that your getting virtually no PEC
errors from the sensors whereas as we are getting them very regularly.  I
had been thinking it was the soldering of those pernickety sensors but
could it also be the cheap 4k resistors currently on our board?

Cheers,

Julian