[PD] direct connection from pd to webrowser, low latency

Varun Nair nothingtokeep at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 11:13:54 CEST 2013

The software works by taking a 'feed' off your default playback device
on Windows so its really easy to setup (to clarify, I didn't work
SoundWire, I only used it for this project). Have Pd running as you
would and just make sure the the SoundWire client is running. On the
phone you can get the app to automatically search for the client IP or
you can manually enter in the address. On connecting with the server it
automatically starts playing back sound. I can't remember the
limitations of the free version, but the paid app allows for fine
tweaking the compression settings and buffer sizes.

I didn't make exact measurements of the latency but it must have been
about ~150ms.

If you have access to an Android phone I suggest you give the free
version a spin and see if it lives up to your expectations. (iOS has a
similar app called AirPhones, with very very lot latency but it doesn't
allow multiple connections to the server AFAIK).

-Varun