[PD] ESI Gigaport HD+ on RPI

Antoine Villeret antoine.villeret at gmail.com
Thu May 2 17:33:45 CEST 2013

it makes the Pi to reboot when you plug it in, maybe it's due to my power
supply
but after rebooting it works straight off

lsusb -d 2573: -vvv
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 2573:0009
Couldn't open device, some information will be missing
Device Descriptor:
  bLength                18
  bDescriptorType         1
  bcdUSB               1.00
  bDeviceSubClass         0
  bDeviceProtocol         0
  bMaxPacketSize0         8
  idVendor           0x2573
  idProduct          0x0009
  bcdDevice            1.00
  iManufacturer           1
  iProduct                2
  iSerial                 0
  bNumConfigurations      1
  Configuration Descriptor:
    bLength                 9
    bDescriptorType         2
    wTotalLength          116
    bNumInterfaces          2
    bConfigurationValue     1
    iConfiguration          0
    bmAttributes         0x80
      (Bus Powered)
    MaxPower              250mA
    Interface Descriptor:
      bLength                 9
      bDescriptorType         4
      bInterfaceNumber        0
      bAlternateSetting       0
      bNumEndpoints           0
      bInterfaceClass         1 Audio
      bInterfaceSubClass      1 Control Device
      bInterfaceProtocol      0
      iInterface              0
      AudioControl Interface Descriptor:
        bLength                 9
        bDescriptorType        36
        bDescriptorSubtype      1 (HEADER)
        bcdADC               1.00
        wTotalLength           46
        bInCollection           1
        baInterfaceNr( 0)       1
      AudioControl Interface Descriptor:
        bLength                12
        bDescriptorType        36
        bDescriptorSubtype      2 (INPUT_TERMINAL)
        bTerminalID             1
        wTerminalType      0x0101 USB Streaming
        bAssocTerminal          0
        bNrChannels             8
        wChannelConfig     0x00ff
          Left Front (L)
          Right Front (R)
          Center Front (C)
          Low Freqency Enhancement (LFE)
          Left Surround (LS)
          Right Surround (RS)
          Left of Center (LC)
          Right of Center (RC)
        iChannelNames           0
        iTerminal               0
      AudioControl Interface Descriptor:
        bLength                16
        bDescriptorType        36
        bDescriptorSubtype      6 (FEATURE_UNIT)
        bUnitID                 2
        bSourceID               1
        bControlSize            1
        bmaControls( 0)      0x00
        bmaControls( 1)      0x03
          Mute Control
          Volume Control
        bmaControls( 2)      0x03
          Mute Control
          Volume Control
        bmaControls( 3)      0x03
          Mute Control
          Volume Control
        bmaControls( 4)      0x03
          Mute Control
          Volume Control
        bmaControls( 5)      0x03
          Mute Control
          Volume Control
        bmaControls( 6)      0x03
          Mute Control
          Volume Control
        bmaControls( 7)      0x03
          Mute Control
          Volume Control
        bmaControls( 8)      0x03
          Mute Control
          Volume Control
        iFeature                0
      AudioControl Interface Descriptor:
        bLength                 9
        bDescriptorType        36
        bDescriptorSubtype      3 (OUTPUT_TERMINAL)
        bTerminalID             3
        wTerminalType      0x0301 Speaker
        bAssocTerminal          0
        bSourceID               2
        iTerminal               0
    Interface Descriptor:
      bLength                 9
      bDescriptorType         4
      bInterfaceNumber        1
      bAlternateSetting       0
      bNumEndpoints           0
      bInterfaceClass         1 Audio
      bInterfaceSubClass      2 Streaming
      bInterfaceProtocol      0
      iInterface              0
    Interface Descriptor:
      bLength                 9
      bDescriptorType         4
      bInterfaceNumber        1
      bAlternateSetting       1
      bNumEndpoints           1
      bInterfaceClass         1 Audio
      bInterfaceSubClass      2 Streaming
      bInterfaceProtocol      0
      iInterface              0
      AudioStreaming Interface Descriptor:
        bLength                 7
        bDescriptorType        36
        bDescriptorSubtype      1 (AS_GENERAL)
        bTerminalLink           1
        bDelay                  1 frames
        wFormatTag              1 PCM
      AudioStreaming Interface Descriptor:
        bLength                11
        bDescriptorType        36
        bDescriptorSubtype      2 (FORMAT_TYPE)
        bFormatType             1 (FORMAT_TYPE_I)
        bNrChannels             8
        bSubframeSize           2
        bBitResolution         16
        bSamFreqType            1 Discrete