[PD] UA-25 on RPI

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Sun May 5 17:19:01 CEST 2013

I tried the latest firmware (alsa mmap update) and still the same issue. PD cpu usage seems lower now though, at about 8% with a simple test patch and stereo out.

Don't get me wrong, stereo audio out works with the UA-25 on rPI. The issue is that full duplex (stereo in & out) do not, resulting in crackling audio out. :P

On May 4, 2013, at 12:51 PM, pd-list-request at iem.at wrote:

> From: Dan Wilcox <danomatika at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [PD] UA-25 on RPI
> Date: May 4, 2013 12:50:47 PM EDT
> To: Antoine Villeret <antoine.villeret at gmail.com>
> Cc: pd-list list <pd-list at iem.at>, Miller Puckette <msp at ucsd.edu>
>

> No thanks. The UA-25 is bus powered, has two XLR+jack inputs, phantom power, rca/jack outputs, direct monitor, individual channel gain control, master gain control, and in a road tuff metal case. I have two of them, so it makes sense to dump the PI if I can't get it to work with proven linux friendly hardware especially when the pi costs less.
>
> Too bad. Back to iPad now ... :D

--------
Dan Wilcox
@danomatika