[PD] RPI Alsa mmap support

Julian Brooks jbeezez at gmail.com
Wed May 8 18:11:39 CEST 2013

Hey Pierre,

Not noticed any particular change in performance as of yet though my Pi is
in a constant state of flux.

My limited understanding is that the updated alsa driver now has direct
access to the Pi's audio hardware rather than a software workaround where
access to the audio stream was routed through the gpu, this *should* trim
some latency.

On my rev1 board I only use alsa but the rev2's have jack though haven't
updated those ones yet.

Will let you know if anything noticeable pops up.

Sorry can't be more specific.

Julian