[PD] [PD-dev] Rewriting a unified phasor / metro object for reading tables

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri May 10 01:46:09 CEST 2013

Thanks Katja.

I'm doing things in a quick and dirty manner, to see if they work and so that they can be implemented quickly for the 100,000 or so downloads we've had, but I want to get it right. We'll have a testflight version next week so we'll be able to test the new version (it's like a heart transplant for the app).

The first thing is that it has to work with the limited resources of the iPhone4 (the most basic device we are supporting). The second is to make it better, so that we can move from tabread~ s to tabread4~s, but I think this'll be just for the iPhone5. I really want it to be super efficient, so I'll study your code.

Interesting that the original phasor~ relies on a double precision variable for the wrap. Sometime we need to move onto 128bit architecture, but probably not too soon ;)

Cheers,
Ed

PS thanks for answering the question I asked.

Ninja Jamm - a revolutionary new musix remix app from Ninja Tune and Seeper, for iPhone and iPad
http://www.ninjajamm.com/

Gemnotes-0.2: Live music notation for Pure Data, now with dynamics!
http://sharktracks.co.uk/