[PD] Render a Gem window in [pd~] without dsp turned on

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri May 10 12:44:34 CEST 2013

Hm. Perhaps you could use the CPU load to freeze video when it goes above 100%. Use the IEM version, which is more responsive than the built-in load meter.

An alternative would be to record an extra audio track using writesf~ with some synchronization data as audio, a bit like SMPTE used to work. Then at least you could framesync the audio in an NLE, somehow to track the frame you are recording via audio pulses of different frequencies - some signal derived from the frame number.

This is a problem I have faced many times, and although I tend to use two instances of Pd communicating with one another using netsend/netreceive, it's the same issue.

I haven't tried it yet, but I believe there is an external or something called "framesync"

Ed

Ninja Jamm - a revolutionary new musix remix app from Ninja Tune and Seeper, for iPhone and iPad
http://www.ninjajamm.com/

Gemnotes-0.2: Live music notation for Pure Data, now with dynamics!
http://sharktracks.co.uk/