[PD] Crossfade between 2 rj lib save states?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon May 13 16:27:45 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 01:44:39AM -0700, JF wrote:
> Coming back to pd after a stint in the real world. Have an idea for a patch.
>
> Would it be possible to crossfade between 2 rj lib save states?

The rj saving (or sssad saving, which is at rj's core) can manage parameters of
various character - symbols, for example, ot lists with symbols or numbers,
that maybe are intended to be used as integers. So crossfading everything
blindly is impossible.

> I'm just wondering how I would have to modify the saving mechanism in the rj
> abstraction so that I could have two running side by side?

I would suggest you make some kind of wrapper. You can remote-control all rj
parameters via sends and receives, so it's probably not necessary to change the
rj state management itself.

Ciao