[PD] [PD-list] new version: Extended View Toolkit v0.4 Rotterdam

Marian Weger mail at marianweger.com
Tue May 14 21:38:10 CEST 2013

> What I was thinking of was making something similar as here:
> http://youtu.be/iQlDEPLHPyQ?t=3m9s

oh, that one.
yeah, i think your approach should work for this.

So, what you need is a "virtual camera array" that lies in the center of
your 3d scenery.
I always wanted to build a dedicated module for this in extendedview
toolkit, but never did.

> So basically to have a 3d scene with each projection surface showing a
> different part of it to make it immersive.
yes.
it is easier to rotate the 3d scenery than the camera, which will result
in the same image.
Just as in the exampes i sent before.

> I guess using different [rotationXYZ] and perhaps [translationXYZ] for
> each surface and buffer this could be done?

exactly.

> Let me know what you think.

i think this is a great idea.

cheers,