[PD] got jump-on-click arrays working

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Wed May 15 20:42:02 CEST 2013

> That's actually a big problem, because it means the only people testing
> my changes are people who already know how to compile Pd on their
> platform AND have the free time (and interest) to test the changes I
> make.  It would be much better if everyone who can run Pd can also test
> out the changes I make.
>
> I should probably tackle this problem before delving into the rest of my
> goals.  Is anyone cross-compiling for Windows using the Debian packages
> for mingw?  That would make it possible to post binaries for windows and
> linux using a single Debian box.

I mean I don't know how to test them. But if it's only necessary to
compile pd, maybe that's already written somewhere? Or is there a "how to
test new changes" page?

>> But I would suggest something else, in case it's somehow related:
>>
>> - "change" message coming out the [struct] (or [plot]?) for data
>> structure arrays, that output the pointer and index for the element in
>> question. Then it's possible to link user interaction with arrays as
>> well
>
> So which [struct] gets the "change" message: the one with the array and
> [plot] drawing instruction, or the [struct] that is the template for the
> array (i.e., the one with the "y" field that's actually being changed)?

I would say the one with the array (and not [plot]). But I'm a surface
user, I don't know what's happening inside.
A con for the template struct: if this template is used also for
individual scalars (which doesn't happen often anyway), it might get
messy. So maybe better think of high level.

João