[PD] got jump-on-click arrays working

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Wed May 15 20:41:21 CEST 2013

On 05/15/2013 02:12 PM, João Pais wrote:
> I can't (or don't know how to) test these patches. But I would suggest
> something else, in case it's somehow related:
>
> - "change" message coming out the [struct] (or [plot]?) for data
> structure arrays, that output the pointer and index for the element in
> question. Then it's possible to link user interaction with arrays as well
pd-l2ork has had something like this for some time. Basically, anytime
the array is changed via a mouse click it outputs a bang to
<arrayname>_changed, so you can simply do [r <arrayname>_changed] and
use that to drive logic behind an array values driving something else
(e.g. dsp). This is used in the spectdelay~ external help file so you
can investigate that one if you like to see how it is implemented.

HTH

--
Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A
Composition, Music Technology