[PD] [PD-dev] audio apis

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Thu May 23 21:35:32 CEST 2013

On my Panasonic CF-19 with Xubuntu and Kubuntu I have PulseAudio
disabled almost permanently, because it's limited mixer options does
not give access to all soundcard options. Built-in speaker always
sounds together with headphone output. Alsamixer gives the separate
controls, but is overruled when PulseAudio is running. So I'm not fond
of PulseAudio as it is now.

By the way, how do you guys use Pd with PulseAudio? I wanted to
connect Pd (extended 0.44) with SoundWire
(http://georgielabs.99k.org/SoundWireHelp.html), which needs
PulseAudio running. But the only working options from Pd's Media menu
are Alsa or Jack, and they both seem to steal the audio from Pulse...

Katja