[PD] How to map moving points in 3D space (x, y, z) to quad panning?

Julian Brooks jbeezez at gmail.com
Fri May 24 16:43:41 CEST 2013

Hi all,

So yeah - that (the subject).

I would like to map some 3D moving sources (from Pmpd) in quad.

I had been hoping to make use of Lorenzo's [panner_1x4~], from here
https://gitorious.org/pd-panner-4ch
but I just can't wrap my head around the maths involved.

Anyone have any experience with this, or alternate strategies - the leanest
possible please as it's on the RPi.

Speakers are in a square/diamond and very close together - 25cm or so.

It doesn't have to be very accurate and I would just like to have the
impression that the five pmpd generated sound sources are moving around but
my attempts so far sound cack.

Also presuming that as we're not doing ambisonic type malarkey that the
y-axis is pretty much redundant but, well, dunno?

Had a dig around here and hurleur but nothing obvious jumped out at me.

Tips, tricks, pointers or tutorials most gladly accepted

All the best,

Julian