[PD] How to map moving points in 3D space (x, y, z) to quad panning?

Julian Brooks jbeezez at gmail.com
Fri May 24 23:56:43 CEST 2013

Hi IOhannes,

I think I was attempting to wrap my head around starting from scratch with
this but actually I should see it through and carry on with Lorenzo's
external, try to figure out where I'm going wrong - I have made use of it a
few years ago and it worked well.

I think part of it is that Lorenzo's example patch has used [grid] (which
actually makes lots of sense) but I don't have it on my install.  So
attempting to translate it into vanilla is a ssttretchh.

Gonna bite the bullet and build a few libs and externals.

I think as well that I was approaching this wrong.  Instead of thinking in
3D I can just translate y into x as my pmpd masses are fixed on that axis
(don't know why I didn't think of it earlier tbh, but there you go).

Regards,

Julian