[PD] How to map moving points in 3D space (x, y, z) to quad panning?

Julian Brooks jbeezez at gmail.com
Sat May 25 04:08:42 CEST 2013

"translate y into x as my pmpd masses are fixed on that axis"

What I meant to say was translate 'z' into 'y' (as y is fixed).

But is this correct, can anyone confirm I'm on the right path?

The numbers that pmpd is spitting out on the z plane travel between -4 and
4 and I'm presuming that they should then be mappable as in effect the y
plane for quad panning?

It works in theory if continuing the grid theory of 4 speakers on, in
effect x and y, (in my head at least), though I'm still struggling to get
this going in any meaningful way.