[PD] "pd: exiting" on RPi running arch

James Dunn james at 4thharmonic.com
Sun May 26 19:06:15 CEST 2013

Quoth IOhannes zmölnig, on 26/05/2013 17:07:

> so indeed, it's "-verbose" and "-verbose -verbose" (instead of "-v")

$ pd -verbose
Pd-0.43.4 ("") compiled 22:56:34 Aug  6 2012
port 5400
TCL_LIBRARY="/usr/lib/pd/lib/tcl/library"
TK_LIBRARY="/usr/lib/pd/lib/tk/library"   wish
"/usr/lib/pd/tcl//pd-gui.tcl" 5400
priority 6 scheduling enabled.
Waiting for connection request...
priority 8 scheduling enabled.
/usr/lib/pd/bin/pd-watchdog
... connected
pd: exiting
> i missed that info in your original mail (please don't require anyone
> willing to answer to have read all your emails to this list and
> remember them :-))
sorry, thanks for your help so far!

> check the various posts on this list about why [loadbang]->[; pd dsp
> 1( often does not work. a simple workaround is to introduce a [delay
> 1000] to start dsp only after some "boot time".
I'd forgotten about the [delay] for [loadbang] when turning the dsp on
but it doesn't result in any sound when running in -nogui.

> can you run
> $ wish
> via the ssh connection?

Yes, it opens a blank window on the local machine.

> if so, Pd should be able to run fine.
> which version of tcl/tk do you have installed?
tk-8.6.0-1
tcl-8.6.0-4

> you could also try to run Pd without realtime priviliges
> $ pd -nrt
I tried that but it didn't help either.