[PD] multiblob tracking in Gem while objects keep their IDs

Jack jack at rybn.org
Mon May 27 13:16:14 CEST 2013

Le 27/05/2013 04:10, Max a écrit :
> Am 27.05.2013 um 02:57 schrieb Jack <jack at rybn.org>:

>>> oh, darn - seems it isn't completely vanilla then. it is an external by Juha Vehviläinen
>>> http://puredata.info/downloads/arraysize
>> Ah ok, maybe with [expr size("table_name")].
>> About the problem : you need to render the [rectangle] before "draw_blobs".
>> See the patch attached…
> thank you jack (but still scratching my head why exactly that is, will revisit tomorrow).
> updated here: https://github.com/mxa/Bewegungsmelder

Hello Max,

In your patch, you need to put the crosses "on" the rectangle showing
movement. These crosses and rectangle are in the same plan. Therefore,
you need to render, first, the rectangle and after the crosses.
Inside the subpatch "draw_blob", you have a [gemhead 90], which one is
banged each time it has a cross to render. But, this [gemhead 90] is
rendered many times (or not) during your main [gemhead] (in the main
windows).
If you open the subpatch "draw_blob", you can see that i add a
[loadbang] and a [0 ( to stop the render of [gemhead 90] each frame,
because the render is forced (many times or not) by a bang from the main
[gemhead] and because you needn't to render this [gemhead 90] during the
'normal' render cycle.
You can easily replace [gemhead 90] with [gemhead 10] and get exactly
the same result.
If you want, it should be possible to replace this [gemhead 90] with a
[gemlist].
Hope the explanations are clear. I give here a small example to understand.
++

Jack