[PD] first exercise with data structures

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Mon May 27 21:32:31 CEST 2013

On 05/26/2013 10:14 PM, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
>> * cannot easily set hotspot for mouse manipulation
>> * hotspot bug
>> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2457992&group_id=55736&atid=478070
> Confirmed in pd-l2ork. Will look into this next...

This has been fixed in the latest pd-l2ork git as well as nested arrays
now have properly aligned selection hotspot/selection box (latter may
require further testing for regressions). For more info on the bugfix
(it's a bit messy as I had to spend some time learning how this part of
the code works) see:

https://github.com/pd-l2ork/pd/commit/f0916f85a11894a43067d5b07ae5f8eea2b2c1b9

Regarding sluggish scalars/structs, pd-l2ork already accelerates their
displacement when editing and moving entire scalars around. I am still
working on figuring out how to deal with struct selection and
displacement at runtime.

>> * flickering animation with arrays and/or lots of scalars on screen
This is most likely due to scalars currently redrawing themselves every
time you move something which becomes increasingly obvious when you have
lots of stuff on screen.
>> * crashes with nested arrays when changing struct args

I've been experimenting with the patch provided in the bug report that
has nested structs and no matter what I delete/change, I've not yet
managed to crash pd-l2ork. If you find a way to do this, an example
patch will be most appreciated.

Cheers!

P.S. Next pd-l2ork release is imminent with some really cool new
features, like intelligent multi-connect and more accelerated operations
(pddplink), as well as the usual bagful of bugfixes.

--
Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A
Composition, Music Technology