[PD] multiblob tracking in Gem while objects keep their IDs

Max abonnements at revolwear.com
Tue May 28 02:29:24 CEST 2013

Am 27.05.2013 um 20:09 schrieb Antoine Villeret <antoine.villeret at gmail.com>:

> hi all,
>
> thanks Max for sharing your (very good) work !

thanks, but the kudos should go to Jakob for that.

> I have a strange behavior here, some cross appear in the middle of nowhere...
> but the blobs are keeping their ID well

That should not be.
Can't test it at the moment because Gem is stuck with the beachball (OS X) when i try to access the webcam now. Very strange I didn't update or anything.. Even reboot didn't help (?!) If that stays like that I'll start another thread about it.

> did you tried pix_opencv_blobtrack ?

Not yet. I'd like to extend the "Bewegungsmelder" patches with OpenCV examples, but at the moment i feel it is still not fail proof. I'd like to see pd-opencv as a package in debian/ubuntu/mint and also inside Pd-extended. At the moment those patches aim for being very distributable and only depend on Pd + gem.

> it's a work in progress and I know the parameters are quiet opaque
> but I didn't find any documentation about the blobtracker modules in OpenCV...
> nevertheless, it works quite good
> I attached a pix_opencv_blobtrack based patch
> it doesn't work exactly the same as yours but it keeps the IDs

I'll give it a try some time when i am at a Ubuntu machine. thanks!