[PD] pd-l2ork multiconnect

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Tue May 28 21:53:21 CEST 2013

Many thanks for making these, Jonathan. A couple things that may
streamline your future tutorial videos is to use Pd-L2Ork version of tidy:

1) create an object (e.g. a number)
2) duplicate n times
3) select all created number objects
4) press ctrl+y to line them up all horizontally (pd-l2ork picks the
closest axis with horizontal being preferred when distance between both
is the same)
5) press ctrl+y once again to space them evenly so that they don't overlap

tl;dr version: press ctrl+y twice

Another thing to point out is when you try to connect one object's
outlets to multiple objects or multiple objects into one object's
inlets, pd-l2ork picks the best option that yields most valid connections.

Finally, when patching two objects with many nlets (e.g. unpack n ->
pack n), pd-l2ork will patch as many connections as possible. So, if you
select 3rd outlet (out of let's say 5), and the 1st inlet on a 5 inlet
receiving object, pd-l2ork will create 3 valid connections (3->1, 4->2,
and 5->3).

HTH

Best wishes,

Ico

On 05/28/2013 12:18 PM, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
> Plus there are some other behaviors which I didn't cover here:
> https://github.com/pd-l2ork/pd/commit/7f3006a63c8b5d437958d1635528033ea951f6ea
>
> -Jonathan

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A
Composition, Music Technology
Director, DISIS Interactive Sound & Intermedia Studio
Director, L2Ork Linux Laptop Orchestra
Head, ICAT IMPACT Studio
Virginia Tech
Department of Music