[PD] "pd: exiting" on RPi running arch

Charles Goyard cg at fsck.fr
Wed May 29 09:58:33 CEST 2013

Hi,

I had the same exact problem. My main computer running arch and thr rpi
running raspian.

I ultimately solved it by :

on main computer:
xhost +

on rpi:
export DISPLAY=mycomputer.local:0
# or export DISPLAY=10.0.0.1:0 if you don't have avahi running

Then, the display will not pass inside a ssh tunnel but straight on the
X11 connection.

Beware that it requires the X server listens to tcp x11 session, which
is not the default on arch i guess. You can check that with:

 ~$ sudo netstat -lntp
 Active Internet connections (only servers)
 Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address  State       PID/Program name
 tcp   0      0      0.0.0.0:6000            0.0.0.0:*        LISTEN      1110/X   <-- this line !

Check in the list archive for "X11 forwarding woes" in january 2013,
this might help too.