[PD] Converting a decimal number to hexadecimal and from there to its ASCII numbers

Alexandros Drymonitis adrcki at gmail.com
Thu May 30 20:44:07 CEST 2013

I want to communicate with a LanBox and I have to send values in
hexadecimal, but represented by their ASCII values. So, for example 0 is 00
in hexadecimal, and it's sent as 48 48. 255 is FF and is sent as 70 70.
The only thing I can think of is [makefilename], but it seems that it's
only helpful for converting a decimal number to hexadecimal. How can I go
about the rest, splitting the two characters and finding their ASCII values?