[PD] linux best for pd? / "best linux" for Pd? / On a Mac?

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Thu May 30 22:43:00 CEST 2013

Hi there, correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems Pd runs smoother in Linux
than in any other OS, is that right?

Perhaps some of you have run benchmarks for it with the same machine and
diferente Operational Systems. I was curious to try myself.

Now, is there a "best linux" for Pd? Maybe one that allows you to tweak in
a little more to have insanely low latencies?

Yeah, the whole point and interest is to try and reach an absurdly
optimized latency and CPU load.

Now that I got myself a Raspberry Pi (my first linux) I wanna enjoy the
opportunity/motivation to broaden my linux usage to my regular laptops.

I use macs by the way. Don't know if that is an issue. Like being next to
an impossible task to install a nice hardcore ("the best one") linux
distribution in it.

I've seen that recently Linux has been able to work (poorly at least) with
Thunderbolt. I have an RME Multiface that seems to works well on linux.
Since newer macbooks lost the PCI slot, all that I'm missing is that my
thunderbolt to PCI slot  adapter works in Linux. That'd be cool, to run it
on my macbook air, on linux... but I digress.

Thanks
Cheers