[PD] How to set up OpenCv in pd (Windows)

IOhannes zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri May 31 20:52:22 CEST 2013

On 05/31/2013 08:15 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> On 05/17/2013 06:23 PM, skafrenz wrote:
>> Well ok I think I'm not good enough to program it. I found openCv. But
>> maybe I did not understand exactly how it works. I downloaded openCv for
>> windows from -> http://opencv.org/ and I installed it. I was wondering if
>> there's an easy way to use it with pd (I thought it was something like
>> externals). Am I totally wrong?

openCV is a *huge* framework, that has nothing TODO with Pd.
it allows to develop applications that do all kind of weird
computer-vision stuff.

luckily for us, some people created a number of Pd-externals on top of
openCV, so we (you!) can now use openCV from within Pd.
those externals are called pix_opencv_... (if you are using Gem, which
is likely as you seem to be on w32) and pdp_opencv_... (in case you are
using pdp)

famdr
IOhannes