[PD] Sensors GPIO Raspberry Pi Pd

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Wed Jun 5 22:57:33 CEST 2013

Thank you very much!


From: Julian Brooks [mailto:jbeezez at gmail.com] 
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2013 6:11 AM
To: Ivica Bukvic
Cc: pd-list; Martin Peach; George Naylor
Subject: Re: [PD] Sensors GPIO Raspberry Pi Pd


Hey Ivica,

All the info is on this thread:

The object is [gpio] and whilst working fine, is pretty basic.  Jaime's
helpfile is very useful and recommended.

OAN - Had a quick look at your site for the RPI version of pd-l2ork - really
excellent documentation, looks great, hats off to you.

Should have more time next month to properly engage with pd-l2ork - looking
forward to it.




On 3 June 2013 05:42, Ivica Bukvic <ico at vt.edu> wrote:

Joining late to the discussion--is there now a native Pd external that
allows direct connection to RPi pins or is there still a need to use
middleware to access the data steam? If former, where can one get their
hands on the source--I would love to include it in the next pd-l2ork RPi

Please advise.

On May 23, 2013 8:20 AM, "Julian Brooks" <jbeezez at gmail.com> wrote:

Just checked it again and noticeably in comparison to all our previous
testing there is now (as good as) zero errors from the sensors.  Rock solid.


On 23 May 2013 13:16, Julian Brooks <jbeezez at gmail.com> wrote:

Hey Martin,

Many thanks for the extra wiring diagram.

We managed to confirm both sensors are working via pin11 from the IC going
between earth & 3v with gpio17 disconnected and running i2cdetect.

That was really useful as it was the first definite confirmation that both
sensors are working correctly.

In the process of doing that we also discovered that the line from gpio17 to
IC pin11 was in fact not connected to gpio17 at all!

To try and keep the protoplate reasonably tidy we'd soldered to the
underneath of the plate.  Somehow in the flipping from one side to the other
we'd messed up and missed by two connecting it to ground and therefore
making complete sense as to why only one sensor was working.

This is also after spending a half hour this morning checking and double
checking all the various lines and connections.  

So working now - blimey.

OAN - Whilst wanting to progress the Pd patch last night, having left it
since last Friday, I plugged the box with all our gubbins in and promptly
blew up the Pi - proper fried it it seems.  Loose power cable to the Pi and
we think it was touching a screw on the box.  Kapput.

The RPi was a rev1 board and my other is rev2 and the custom image I made
doesn't work on the rev2 board.  Always know this was a possible issue but,
you know, got a ton of other stuff to be getting on with.


So spent until 4am building a fresh image from

and works really well so far-which is good.  Didn't get my patching done

Long way of saying that I've updated my C file to reflect this and all
working lovely.

Thank you thank you thank you.

Been much fun,


P.S. Will give this thread a nudge when I've documented it all (it's a



Pd-list at iem.at mailing list
UNSUBSCRIBE and account-management ->


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/attachments/20130605/3b970cf3/attachment-0001.htm>

More information about the Pd-list mailing list