[PD] ubutu 13.04

crinimal at gmx.net crinimal at gmx.net
Fri Jun 7 02:16:01 CEST 2013

On 06/06/2013 07:08 PM, Jack wrote:
> Le 01/05/2013 10:01, Cyrille Henry a écrit :
>> hello,
>>
>> there always been problem with nvidia proprietary driver. On 12.10, i
>> was not able to start audacity.
>> i don't know about skype.
>>
>> i think i read somwhere that the intel GPU drivers was completely
>> rewriten, so that's certainly the cause of the bug. since it affect
>> lot's of people i hope that the ubuntu team will find a workaround or
>> jump back to the old version quite quickly.
>>
>> but yes, the "wait few weeks before updating" rules is still valid.
>>
>> cheers
>>

>> Le 30/04/2013 20:12, Miller Puckette a écrit :
>>> ... so it sounds like there are at least 2 serious problems with the new
>>> ubuntu affecting several applications - maybe a bit tighter quality
>>> control
>>> is needed on their end :)

> Someone has found a solution for this X crash ?
> ++
>
> Jack
Not a real solution, but I found the reason for the crashes was the
intel driver for me, so I replaced it by an older one.

I am still using ubuntu 12.04, but I installed newer intel drivers from
a ppa some time ago and suddenly got the same problem as users updating
to 13.04.

for me the reason was this package (has newer driver sources than 12.04):
https://launchpad.net/~glasen/+archive/intel-driver/+sourcepub/3088701/+listing-archive-extra

I downgraded to the regular 12.04 package for the intel driver and the x
crashes were gone. maybe it's possible to install the package from 12.04
on a 13.04 installation?

got mine from here...
http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise/xserver-xorg-video-intel

Martin