[PD] Data structures: no object for freeing pointers?

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 11:25:23 CEST 2013

On Die, 2013-06-11 at 11:00 +0200, Jan Baumgart wrote:
> I've been building a sequencer with data structs. But now I've come to a
> dead end, because there seems to be no object, that let's you remove
> structs.
> The only way seems to be deleting them in the gui.

I think that is one of the limitations of data structures in Pd. You can
clear a whole canvas, but not a single scalar, programmatically at
least.

The limitations of data structures have been discussed recently:
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2013-05/102808.html

a bit less recent post:
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2011-04/088309.html

Roman