[PD] Pd preferences dialog

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 11 23:40:55 CEST 2013

Hi List,
     I'm nearly finished with a gui tab for the Pd preferences dialog I'm working on.

Question:
I (currently) have three notebook (tab) panes in the dialog: one for Audio, one for
Midi and one for GUI.  For GNU/Linux (and probably Windows) I have a "Close" button
at the bottom right of the window, below the tabs.  To the bottom left I have a "Help"
button.

I would like the "Help" button to bring up a patch that explains what the various
settings in the dialog do.  Should it just be one patch that is a catchall for all three
panes (audio, midi, gui) or should it bring up a specific patch that's dependent on
which notebook tab happens to be open before "Help" was clicked?

I have a feeling it should be dependent on the specific tab that's open.  (Not sure
if that conforms to the Apple HIG but it's the way Firefox does it.)

-Jonathan