[PD] Fwd: right angle connections

Simon Wise simonzwise at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 10:37:14 CEST 2013

On 14/06/13 16:15, michael noble wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 4:51 PM, Ivica Ico Bukvic<ico at vt.edu>  wrote:
>
>> While I agree with you that in most cases segmented patch cords are
>> unnecessary, if you never have a need for them I presume you must be then
>> using sends and receives for any situation where there is a feedback loop
>> like:
>>
>> [object] x [object]
>>

> Good point, I had a sneaking suspicion I was missing something. White space
> helps here, but this is is the one case where I reluctantly tolerate some
> obscuring the text.

leaving the lines crossed this way also makes the construct instantly recognisable.

I find that with the addition of an occasional [t a] object and a few
send-return pairs when they give a clearer logical layout (plus putting
appropriate logically related sections of the code in subpatches) makes a patch
very readable, while tracing out segmented cords in big patches in other
languages gets tiresome.

Its all really a matter of taste ... it has come up many many times over the
years, and nobody who could implement them seems to want segmented cords enough
to actually do the work.

Simon