[PD] how to install and use GPIO external

Julian Brooks jbeezez at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 12:48:14 CEST 2013

"i'm not very familiar with the specific help-patch, but i do know a
bit of Pd"

The joy of understatement.

Josh,

sounds like you haven't compiled the external yet.

My memory (and I'm guessing here, don't have a Pi to confirm atm) is this:
from the command line
cd (change directory) to the gpio folder (wherever you've put it on the pI)
and type 'make'.  Check the command line doesn't spit any errors and in
theory there should be a gpio external sat in the gpio folder at the end of
it.

Maybe you've done this already and it's compiled happily?

In that case you need to tell Pd where the external is - a good place to
put it would be in the 'externals' folder.  puredata.info is your friend
here.

Regards,

Julian