[PD] project announcement Musical Quilt

David Welch nicederangement at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 16:10:55 CEST 2013

Hi all,

Here it is in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7HbP3xrm6o. Many
thanks to the developers. Now where is that donate button... ; )

Here are some implementation details:
Like others we have been using functionalized fabrics to create triggers
for sound processing. The recent change is migrating from laptop to
Beaglebone. I decided to used Ubuntu's OMAP distro (probably would have
used Debian if doing it again). Pure Data vanilla installed without
incident. Comport and Cyclone packages were installed from tar balls. The
Cyclone make file had to be modified to show correct location of some
header files. For some reason the usb on the beaglebone is serial port 4.
Getting the ubuntu to autologin took a long time to figure out because it's
changed so many times. Wrote a simple .c program and modified
/etc/init/serial.conf to call it on boot (see here:
https://groups.google.com/forum/embed/?place=forum/beagleboard&showsearch=true&showpopout=true&showtabs=true&hideforumtitle=true&parenturl=http%3A%2F%2Fbeagleboard.org%2FCommunity%2FForums%2F#!searchin/beagleboard/autologin/beagleboard/yvZ2Jsg-qCs/1vhjr13yHlgJ).

thanks,
David