[PD] closed window not destroyed? (in l2ork, possibly in others too)

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 22:58:41 CEST 2013

Hi List,

I've got used to putting my PC to sleep (aka hibernation) often lately. Now
there is this behaviour of Pd that when you leave a patch open and put the
computer to sleep, once it wakes up Pd will try to do everything it missed
while the computer was sleeping, so the CPU goes 100% for quite a while. I
suppose this is by design.
What I've just noticed using l2ork is that I had closed my patch before
hibernating (in order to avoid the CPU boost when waking up), put the
computer to sleep for a few hours, and when i woke it up, surprisingly the
100% CPU boost still happened - with only the main window and console open.
This makes me think some things are not destroyed properly when a patch is
closed.
Any thoughts appreciated...

András