[PD] how to install and use GPIO external

Josh Downing jndowning at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 23:37:28 CEST 2013

Sorry for attaching the pics. Will avoid this in the future.

Julian, you are right, I have not compiled it. I did not know how to do
this. When I navigate to the directory that I have unzipped the files
("home/pi/pd-externals/gpio") and then type "make" it prints the following:

cc -DPD -O2 -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing
-Wall -W -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-unused -Wno-parentheses
-Wno-switch  -I../pd/src -I../../pd/src -I../../../pd/src
-I../../../../pd/src -I../../../../../pd/src -m32 -o gpio.o -c gpio.c
cc1: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-m32’
make: *** [gpio.l_i386] Error 1

Do you know what this error message could mean? What should I expect as the
output from compiling like this? Not sure what I should be looking for. I
did notice that this output looks like what is listed in the
"makefile.include" that is in the root directory of the zipped archive
("pi-externs.tgz").

Josh