[PD] l2ork externals install

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Thu Jun 20 15:56:34 CEST 2013

I am still in the process of cleaning up externals to make sure they are
stable and robust enough to be included. This is a time-consuming
process. Some of the work was already started by a colleague Stephen
Carl but a lot more work remains. If you (or anyone else) would like to
contribute to this process, we do have a google doc up that goes through
each external and annotates what needs to be done (e.g. is it stable,
does it have robust documentation, like the one Jonathan has been
working on, is it a GUI object that needs additional changes to make it
"accelerated" within pd-l2ork etc.). That said, I think iem lib should
be included as far as I can tell (but may be wrong as well). extra
folder does have a collection of iem* subfolders, but I am not sure
which specific object is missing. If you can send me specific list of
objects missing I can investigate further.

HTH

Best wishes,

Ico

On 06/20/2013 08:43 AM, András Murányi wrote:
> Hi All, Hi Ivica,
>
> I've reinstalled my box and I'm reinstalling l2ork and I'm having a
> hard time getting all the externals I need in place.
> Is it possible that some externals are built with ./tar_em_up.sh -F
> but not installed with make install?
> I got to admit I'm a bit confused (about which ones) because I've
> already built and installed moonlib and miXed manually, but now that
> I've arrived to iem* I see the binaries are in the build folder but
> not in /usr/lib/pd-l2ork/extra.
>
> I'd appreciate some guidance... Thanks!
>
> András

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A
Composition, Music Technology
Director, DISIS Interactive Sound & Intermedia Studio
Director, L2Ork Linux Laptop Orchestra
Head, ICAT IMPACT Studio
Virginia Tech
Department of Music