[PD] Data structures: no object for freeing pointers?

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 23 09:57:16 CEST 2013

I wrote something about it in a thread some weeks ago:
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2013-05/102819.html

> it's not really possible to do this in the context we're talking about
> because we don't know which scalar is modified when it's embedded into
> an array, a way would be about using y value, but in this case y is
> always = 0

ah, you mean an "element" instead of a scalar (although they're all
scalars when drawn). the only way I would remember now would be use the
[struct] output to trigger a comparation of the previous array with the
current one, saved as lists. not optimal at all, but it can work if there
aren't too many elements.