[PD] pd-0.45 + jack == weirdness

yvan volochine yvan.pd at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 01:26:50 CEST 2013

hi list!

I seem to recall some changes about the way pd and jackd interact
together but I couldn't find the related info online so forgive me if
that was discussed already..

before, if I launched pd without jack running, pd would take more time
to launch with a bunch of messages complaining that jack is not running...

now, if jack is not running and I launch pd, pd starts jack by itself..
well... ok...
the problem is that when I close pd, it just won't close (terminal would
print "watchdog... signaling pd" messages forever) and unless I kill the
created jackd process, the pd window would _never_ close.... argh.

this is really annoying and looks like a regression to me..

should I submit an issue or is that a known one or was it discussed
already (and I missed it)?

running pd-0.45 on archlinux Linux x230 3.9.6-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMP

ciao

http://yvanvolochine.com
http://soundcloud.com/yvanvolochine
http://soundcloud.com/elgusanorojo