[PD] My personal GEM preview inside a patch...

Cyrille Henry ch at chnry.net
Tue Jun 25 15:59:09 CEST 2013

hello,

well, having 2 pd instance will create more problem that it will solve in this situation.
- pix_data will appear to use less cpu, but pix_data did not use cpu, it use bandwidth between cpu and gpu.
and this can't be share between cpu.

- the main bottleneck of this object is the rendering part. not really getting the data. so the pd~ / sharemem will not help.

one possible optimisation is using pix_resize/pix_dump to output all data as a list that can be put on a table.
pix_data will make as many call as pixel, but the pix_dump will make only 1 call to the gpu.
it look like it work a bit better, but i did not really benchmark it. (since that's not where the bottleneck is)

i'm however disappointed that destroying / creating a new object is faster than changing an object colour.

cheers