[PD] specify number of alsa midi out ports

michael noble looplog at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 04:10:50 CEST 2013

The following will do it:

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 7:58 AM, Max <abonnements at revolwear.com> wrote:

> if you want to simply reconfigure the audio/midi settings programmatically
> it might be revealing to listen to the internal pd messages
>
> [receive pd]
> |
> [print]
>
> and then change the audio/midi settings.
>
> you can use those messages which will be printed in the console to change
> your settings when sending messages to a [send pd] that's the principle
> applied by the mediasettings library hans mentioned.

I just tried quickly and the exact the exact message required was:

[midi-dialog 2056 0 0 0 1.92017e+09 0 0 0 2 2(

[send pd]

where the last two numbers set the number of input and output ports
respectively.  Other settings probably differ...

networking practice for sound environments :: http://nowhere.iamnobody.net