[PD] electro-mechanical piano (player piano) - Arduino, Solenoid Issue

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 23:58:47 CEST 2013

I once hacked together a small Arduino firmware and corresponding Pd
abstraction, that does just that. You send the pin number and the duty
cycle and the firmware manages the timing of the duty cycle. The
advantage is that the timing is much more precise compared to sending
both on and off commands over the serial link. This might allow for some
velocity control.
The abstraction and firmware does not address multiplexing/daisy
chaining. But probably it is still useful as a starter.

Roman

P.S.: I haven't the had the chance to really test the help-patch. Just
rant if something is not working as expected or unclear.