[PD] electro-mechanical piano (player piano) - Arduino, Solenoid Issue

Charles Goyard cg at fsck.fr
Sat Jun 29 14:35:45 CEST 2013

Hi,

Epic Jefferson wrote:
> i've been able to control solenoid velocity with pwm via pd, this is also
> how Winfried does it. Also, motors are way too loud, as I told Olivier.

That's good to hear ! How much accurate is this ? Underpowering a hub
magnet that has a lot of jitter in its movement [1] sounds like it would not
provide repeatable action. I'd be glad to be wrong.

Cheers,

--
Charles

[1] What I mean is: you can shake laterally a unpowered solenoid and get a lousy
maracas.