[PD] GOP text field / symbol which is resizeable? (was: GOP text field which sends bang?)

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 22:05:25 CEST 2013

On Mon, 2013-07-01 at 20:56 +0200, András Murányi wrote:
> I'm reformulating my question as the problem is evolving:
> do we have an object that
> - Displays and holds a text value (like Symbol or Message box),

* symbolbox with width set 0 resizes dynamically
* hsl, vsl, cnv, etc. can adjust size with 'size' message, can change
displayed text with 'label' message

> - is Graph-on-Parent,

applies to all above solutions.

> - can be resized (like Number2)? (or small enough by default?)

see above.

To make something send a bang, you could put some [bng] objects behind
your whatever text displaying objects. Interestingly, hidden GUI objects
have priority over visible objects when clicked. Another way is to use a
construct like the following to make a slider send bangs only when
clicked, but not when dragged:

[hsl]

[t a a]
  \/