[PD] GOP text field / symbol which is resizeable? (was: GOP text field which sends bang?)

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 20:41:30 CEST 2013

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 2:27 PM, Roman Haefeli <reduzent at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Die, 2013-07-02 at 12:54 +0200, András Murányi wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 10:05 PM, Roman Haefeli <reduzent at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >         On Mon, 2013-07-01 at 20:56 +0200, András Murányi wrote:
> >         > I'm reformulating my question as the problem is evolving:
> >         > do we have an object that
> >         > - Displays and holds a text value (like Symbol or Message
> >         box),
> >

> >         * symbolbox with width set 0 resizes dynamically
> >         * hsl, vsl, cnv, etc. can adjust size with 'size' message, can
> >         change
> >         displayed text with 'label' message
> >

> > Very good idea, thanks Roman!
> >
> > Some difficulties I'm having:
> >
> > - I don't know how to set the label of [cnv]... is it possible at all?
>
> [symbol\
> |
> [label $1(
> |
> [cnv]

my [cnv] has no inlets so IOhannes's solution applies.

> > - (ATTN: Ivica) [hsl] seems to have the bounding box (?) miscalculated
> > in l2ork so it doesn't GOP when it's less than 2-3px from the border
> > of the parent canvas. Checked in Vanilla, it works as expected ([hsl]
> > can be placed to the very border and it will GOP).
>
> According to Ivica this is on purpose. The reason is that iemguis used
> to have miscalculated positions and pd-l2ork fixed that while
> pd-vanilla/pd-extended didn't. Unfortunately, this breaks compatibility
> between pd-l2ork and pd-vanilla/pd-extended.
>
> Roman

I'm seeing a tiny bit more complication here (in l2ork):
- when trying to place [hsl] close to the GOP area edges, it disappears
from GOP (as said before)
- when trying to place [cnv] close to the GOP area edges (in a fairly large
GOP area) everything is fine, however:
- when trying to fit a 10px high [cnv] into a 12px high GOP area, the [cnv]
refuses to show up in GOP.

András