[PD] store value of any type

yvan volochine yvan.pd at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 22:08:36 CEST 2013

hi Miller,

> If it's just local, the "list" object will do it (floats and symbols are
> just one-element lists).
>
> If you want something that (like 'value') can be accessed by name or
> pointer elsewhere in the patch, you might want the "text" object (in git
> repo, upcoming for version 0.45).  If you're insteested in trying it and
> don't want to compile your own write back and I can put out a "test" release -
> there's a bunch still to do but it seems to be working OK.

I want it to be accessed by pointer somewhere else so I guess I'll give
[text] a try..

thanks!

ps: pd would not build from master like 5 days ago on my machine
(up-to-date archlinux) but I didn't folow recent commits so maybe that's
fixed already..

--
http://yvanvolochine.com
http://soundcloud.com/yvanvolochine